“Author, travel writer, food critic and columnist, Puneetinder Kaur Sidhu has lived and worked by one motto for two decades: Travel. Eat. Write. Repeat. She sees no reason to change that. Not even with her spectacles on.”
- Who you are (naturally!)
A free spirit
- What inspired you to create/join your business?
Travel writing was a natural progression of my love of travel
- An anecdote which epitomizes your India?
I recall having taken a wrong turn late one night while researching for a book on Punjab. I was unable to reverse or turn around in a narrow alley that ended in a cul-de-sac in a village that was fast asleep. Till someone spotted the car lights, pulled open their front gate to allow manouverability, tied up their ferociously barking dogs, and insisted I eat dinner before leaving! Her friendly people, especially those in the hinterland, can teach us a thing or two about genuine hospitality.
- One thing that you can’t live without?
I thought it was travel till the pandemic turned THAT on its head. Life goes on…
- One thing that you hate?
- If you could change one thing about India what would it be?
- Who is your greatest inspiration?
- What is your favourite quote?
A good traveller has no fixed plans and has no intent of arriving – Lao Tzu.
- I have noticed huge changes in India over the last few years but what is the biggest change you have noticed in India over the last 10 years?
The blitz that is the internet.
- What do you think are the biggest challenges India faces over the next ten years?
Recovery from the pandemic, if I were to pick just one.
- Which is the destination at the top of your bucket list?
- What is the one place you visited that you have NO desire to return to?
If there were a remote possibility to skirt it for the treasures beyond, I’d say Kasol.
- Book or Movie?
Mostly books, but nowadays (quite perversely) I wish I could catch a movie or two. In a theatre *eyeroll*
- Just for fun! I am doing a survey to find India’s most popular breakfast, what is yours?
Would you believe – an English one?
- In retrospect, what is the one thing you wish you could have told your 20 year-old self?
What in heavens name are you waiting for? Hit the road, girl!
You can read all about Puneet at www.cuttingloose.in